Bay Mills Resort and Casinos
The Bay Mills Resort and Casino has two separate venues. The Kings Club was the first to open its doors in July 1984. This was swiftly followed by the Bay Mills Casino and Hotel in November of the following year. The newer resort is situated in Brimley, Michigan. It features a hotel and an 18-hole golf course — along with the casino.
This casino has 17,000 square feet of gaming space, with more than 900 different slots to be enjoyed. In addition, there are 14 table games. They cover all the casino favorites: blackjack, craps, roulette, and casino poker. Bay Mills Casino has announced a partnership with DraftKings to offer on-site sports betting plus online sports betting and casino gambling.
This review has all the information you need to get the best from a trip to the Bay Mills Resort and Casino. There are details of the casino games, sports betting options and the loyalty scheme and promotions offered by the resort below.
History of the Bay Mills Resort and Casinos
Both of the Bay Mills casinos are owned and operated by the Bay Mills Indian Community. The site sits on the shores of Lake Superior’s Waiska Bay. The opening of the Bay Mills Blackjack Casino in 1984 saw it become the first legal Native American casino in the country. This casino would later change its name to The Kings Club.
The following year saw the opening of the larger Bay Mills Casino, and the two casinos have worked in tandem ever since. On the site of the Bay Mills Casino is now a hotel, an RV Park, and multiple restaurants. One of the largest changes for the casino has come in recent years after a bill made sports betting legal. This has seen the casino link up with DraftKings to offer both sports betting and online casino gaming.
Slots at Bay Mills Casinos
The slot range at the casinos feature more than 900 of the newest games. These are split between the two sites, with the Kings Club casino hosting 280 slots. As well as slots, you will also be able to play at video poker machines.
On the Bay Mills website, these standout slot games are the focus:
- Willy Wonka: This slot is based on the 1960’s movie starring Gene Wilder. It includes on-screen bonuses involving Oompa Loompas, progressive jackpot prizes and multiple bonus features based on characters from the movie. Look out for newer versions of the Willy Wonka slots including Dream Factory, Wonkavator and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
- Jackpot Party Ultimate Party Spin: This slot involves two entertaining games in one. ‘Far Out Orange’ and ‘Groovy Grape’ have a party theme. Housed in the TwinStar Ultra Cabinet, Ultimate Party Spin slots feature a big 55-inch Ultra HD screen. You can win additional spins with the big disco wheel on the giant screen, as well as boosted credit prizes and progressive jackpots.
Table games at Bay Mills
The range of table games at the casino is available from noon until midnight on a daily basis. Here is a run-down of the games and the limits for each game:
- Craps: Enjoy craps with table limits of $2 minimum and $200 max, 10x odds.
- Box Roulette: $2 minimum for inside bets, $10 maximum on any number and $100 max outside.
- 3 Card Poker: $5 minimum and $25 maximum bet levels.
- Let It Ride: $5 minimum and $25 maximum, with a max payout of $10,000.
- 6 Deck Blackjack: There are sets of limits, the lower being between $5 and $100, with the highest being between $25 and $200.
- 2 Deck Pitch Blackjack: $5 minimum bet and $100 maximum (you can double on ten or 11 only).
Bay Mills Casino poker games
You can enjoy both poker cash games and tournament play at this Michigan casino. The biggest tournaments of the week are:
- The Texas Hold’em Rebuy tournament that takes place at 6pm every Tuesday. This event has a $20 buy-in which buys you 1,000 chips. The top five places are paid.
- The Bounty Tournament that takes place every Friday at 7pm. This has a $45 buy-in which buys you 5,000 in chips. The top three finishers get paid in this event.
Sports betting at Bay Mills Casino in Michigan
The new partnership with DraftKings will see sports betting at a retail location within the casino. Bet types such as point spreads, totals and money line wagers will all be available, as well as a range of prop bets. You will be able to follow the games live on TVs in the sportsbook and at bars around the casino.
Online casino games and sports betting
As part of the deal detailed above, DraftKings will also supply the online betting options. Once again, this will include the sportsbook, with live casino gaming added into the mix. You will be able to enjoy many of the slots that appear on the casino floor via the mobile version. Table games, scratch cards, video poker and Slingo games are also available. Look out for no deposit bonuses and rebates on any losses incurred on your first day of play.
Bay Mills Resort and Casinos loyalty scheme and promotions
The loyalty scheme at the Bay Mills Casinos is called the ‘Funcard Players Club’. Just by signing up, you will receive $5 free play at the casino. The scheme has four levels based around the Great Lakes — starting at Michigan, then moving on to Huron, Superior and then the final Great Lakes level.
Every time you play, you earn comp points. These points can then be used for things like hotel rooms, food, beverages or pay for a round of golf. The good news is, the more you play, the more you benefit. Added extras can include a personal host for your casino experience, invitations to VIP events, free check cashing, complimentary gas, and more.
Other promotions at the casino include:
- Senior Wednesday: If you are 50+, you can earn double points when you play, with 20 points giving you a $10 dining card.
- Thank You Hero Thursday: Any military, EMT, police and fire will earn $20 free play when earning 50 points.
- USA Friday/Canadian Sunday: Earn 50 points and win a $20 free play voucher.
Bay Mills Resort and Casino Hotel
Bay Mills has a 142-room hotel. Rooms have the following amenities: Cable/satellite TV, desk, blackout curtains, air conditioning, housekeeping, coffee maker, free high-speed internet, free parking, and conference facilities.
You can book suites and both smoking and non-smoking rooms at the hotel.
There is also an RV park on site. The Sunrise RV park offers daily rates of $20 for a partial hook-up or $29 for a full hook-up. Members of the military can enjoy 25% off these daily rates.
There are four restaurants at the resort, in addition to bars and room service at the hotel:
- Sacy’s Restaurant: The perfect casual dining experience, offering a buffet and a wide-ranging menu.
- Back Bay Grill and Games: This waterfront sports bar offers juicy burgers to go alongside cold beers. Challenge yourself to a full pound of wings tossed in their nuclear sauce and win a t-shirt if you finish!
- Chums Café: Enjoy the daily Grinder specials and their famous Whitefish dinner every Friday and Saturday.
- The Loft: Attached to the golf course, this restaurant offers the perfect way to unwind after completing 18 holes.
After you have eaten, you can visit the North Winds Lounge for a range of classic cocktails. Enjoy live music at the ‘Ladies Night’ every Saturday, where ladies can enjoy a half-price appetizer special.
Live entertainment can be found all year round at Bay Mills. This includes live music and a hosted comedy club. You can enjoy the outdoors with an 18-hole hole course, which includes a driving range, chipping area and large putting green for practice.
How does Bay Mills Resort and Casinos compare?
The Bay Mills Resort and Casinos is a picturesque site in Brimley, Michigan. The casino features a huge selection of slots, including many of the latest games from the big-name producers, including IGT, Bally, and WMS. With the games set across the two casino buildings, you can enjoy the best of both sites. The table games list is smaller than at many Michigan casinos, but includes all the popular games. Poker players can also enjoy regular cash games and the big scheduled tournaments every week. Sports betting will soon be added to the list, in partnership with industry giant, DraftKings.
With the Funcard Players Club loyalty scheme in place, your casino play can bring you a series of discounts and rewards. Use them at the four restaurants, the bar, or even at the championship golf course attached to the site.
More Michigan Casinos
|Saganing Eagles Landing