Four Winds Casinos Guide for Michigan & Indiana
There are four casinos under the ‘Four Winds’ name. Three of them are in Michigan. These are the casinos in New Buffalo, Dowagiac, and Hartford. The 4th venue is in South Bend, which is in Indiana. All of these casinos are operated by the Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians. The biggest site (in New Buffalo) opened for business in 2007.
Across the four casinos, you will find thousands of different slot options. Many of them have big progressive jackpot prizes. There is also plenty of casino table game action, plus opportunities to play live poker. Sports betting is now offered at the three Michigan-based casinos after a link up with the Kambi Group. This will include licensing for online sports betting and casino games.
This page has all the information you need to get the best from your visits to any of the Four Winds casinos. You will find details of the casino games, sports betting options, and entertainment/leisure facilities at these venues below.
History of the Four Winds Casinos
Under the state’s Indian Gaming Regulatory Act, the Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians formed a compact with the Michigan state government to form the New Buffalo Four Winds casino in 2007. The Four Winds Hartford followed in 2011, with the Four Winds Dowagiac opening its doors in 2013. The compact with Michigan limited the number of casinos to three. However, the final casino of the four, just across the border in South Bend, Indiana, opened in 2018.
In 2013, the Four Winds Casinos announced a ten-year naming agreement with the South Bend Cubs baseball team, with the stadium now known as the Four Winds Field at Coveleski Stadium.
2020 saw the signing of an agreement between the three Michigan based casinos and the Kambi Group. This has seen sports betting introduced across the three sites, with online gambling options to follow.
Slots at the Four Winds Casinos
There are thousands of slots across the different venues. They range from traditional mechanical-reel slots to the latest video slots in huge cabinets with multiple screens. Among the list, you will find the latest games from all the biggest producers – plus progressive jackpots with life-changing top prizes.
Here is a summary of what is on offer for slot fans at the Four Winds Casinos:
- New Buffalo: More than 2,600 different slots are available at the biggest Four Winds casino. They include many popular games such as Lord of the Rings, James Bond, Johnny Cash, Monopoly, and Willy Wonka. Win incredible jackpots at Buffalo Grand and 5 Dragons Grand; these progressives start at $500,000 – and grow from there until won.
- Hartford: Enjoy 500 ‘Next Generation’ at this location. Denominations start at 1c, going up to $25 per line in the high-limit area. Popular games at Hartford include the Lightning Link range from Aristocrat, Dancing Drums, Dragon Link, and Buffalo Grand.
- Dowagiac: This smaller casino has 400 slots. This is enough to have the most popular games and a mix of reel slots and video slot titles. Popular games at Dowagiac include the ‘Lock it Link’ range. You can also enjoy the Lightning Link and Dragon Link slots here.
- South Bend: There are 1,800+ slots and video poker games just across state lines at South Bend, Indiana. Featured games include the Rocket Gold Series, Monopoly, and Million Degrees — where the jackpots will make you an instant millionaire. Casablanca, Penn & Teller, Willie Nelson, and Wheel of Fortune Big Money can also be enjoyed at South Bend Casino.
With the Four Winds casinos varying in size, the choice of table games looks different depending on which venue you visit. Only the Michigan sites are covered here:
- New Buffalo: There are 48 casino table games at Four Winds Casino New Buffalo. Several variations of blackjack are available – you will also find roulette, Let it Ride and other popular poker-themed table games. Side bets include a Three Card Poker progressive jackpot. You will also find electronic table games, including 24 terminals of ‘Dynasty Dealer Assist’ blackjack and roulette.
- Hartford: Eight tables can be found at this site. Options include craps, blackjack, roulette, High Card Flush and Big Raise poker. Take your chance at winning the Mississippi Stud Progressive.
- Dowagiac: This smaller casino has a limited range – though many entertaining games are spread here. You can enjoy blackjack with ‘Lucky Lucky’, blackjack with 21+3 and Top 3, Mississippi Stud Progressive, roulette, High Card Flush, and Three Card Poker.
Four Winds Casinos poker games
Poker is available at the South Bend Casino in Indiana, though the Michigan casinos do not have dedicated poker rooms. There are 12 poker tables at Four Winds Casino South Bend, and poker cash games include the following:
- $1/$2 No Limit Hold’em
- $2/$5 No Limit Hold’em
- $3/$6 Limit Hold’em
- $1/$2 Pot Limit Omaha
A full tournament schedule also features.
Sports betting at the Four Winds Casinos
Sports betting has been available at Michigan based Four Winds casinos since the partnership was announced with the Kambi Group. Available sports include football, basketball, baseball, hockey, and more.
Visit one of the three locations to place a sports bet at one of the kiosks, and then watch the action unfold on one of the HD TVs around the sites. You can also pick your bets online and be given a QR code to bring to the sportsbook counter at Four Winds New Buffalo or the guest service counters at Four Winds Hartford and Four Winds Dowagiac.
Online gambling options
The partnership with the Kambi will see real money online betting options. Online gambling will only be available within Michigan state lines for players 21+.
Both sports betting and casino gambling is available via an iPhone/Android app. You can play social gaming online at the Four Winds Casino. This ‘play for fun’ gaming sees you able to gain achievements and unlock new games.
Four Winds Casinos loyalty and promotions
The loyalty scheme at the casinos is the ‘W Club’ (the word club is replaced by the ‘clubs’ playing card symbol). Every time you play, you earn points. New members of the scheme (which you can sign up to in-person or online) start at the Red Card level. You then move onto the Copper and the Premier levels. There is also a Veterans Card for all US Military veterans.
Benefits of the scheme include the following:
- Instant credits and free slot play.
- Dining credits.
- Members-only exclusive events.
- Priority Parking.
- Discounts at shops and priority seating at Hard Rock Café.
- Skip lines.
Other promotions are seasonal – and vary across the Four Winds casinos. Look out for promotions where you can win cash prizes many times throughout the day by simply playing at the casino. Other big prizes can be won, including luxury cars.
If you are aged 55 or over, you can enjoy Senior Day, with a range of discounts for players. These take place on Wednesdays at New Buffalo, Hartford and Dowagiac, and Thursdays at South Bends.
Four Winds Casino Hotel in Michigan
There is a luxurious 415 room hotel at the Four Winds Casinos Resort in New Buffalo. Each of the rooms offers room service, HD TVs, plush robes, whirlpool jets, and a wet bar. Special features include granite countertops, leather-wrapped headboards, Presidential Suite beds, a coffee maker and complimentary Starbucks, an iron and ironing board, and a hairdryer. High-speed internet access is standard across all rooms.
On-site there is a fitness center, complementary and valet parking, the Four Winds Pool includes a Pool Bar.
Various packages are available when you book the hotel including golf experiences, concert packages, gift card packages, free slot play, and even a wine tour package.
In total there are 12 dining options across the four sites.
In New Buffalo, there are five restaurants. The Copper Rock Steakhouse and the Hard Rock Café will be a popular choice for many. A Buffet, Timbers, and the White Birch Market are the other options.
Timbers is the only dining option at both Hartford and Dowagiac, offering fast food and deli. Favorites include jumbo hot dogs, crisp salads, burgers, chicken wings, pizzas, and more.
At South Bend, there are a further five dining options. Timbers is joined by the Copper Rock Steakhouse, Kankakee Grill, The Buffer, and White Birch Market.
The main entertainment center is the ‘Silver Creek Event Center’ at Four Winds Casino New Buffalo in Michigan. The venue offers an intimate experience. The venue features a series of world-class acts and regional talents. Previous artists have included the Beach Boys, Gladys Knight, and Melissa Etheridge.
How do the Four Winds Casinos compare?
With four casinos within a relatively short distance of each other, casino enthusiasts in Michigan (and Indiana) are spoiled for choice. Each of the four sites has a slightly different vibe. New Buffalo is the largest of the sites with the added entertainment center and the hotel, and this also offers the widest range of games. Hartford and Dowagiac are smaller sites, offering fewer games, with a focus on quality. The site in South Bend Indiana offers the biggest jackpot prizes and the chance to enjoy a game of poker. You can enjoy a wide variety of dining options across the four sites.
More Michigan Casinos
|Bay Mills||Motor City||Leelanau Sands||Firekeepers||Soaring Eagle|
|Turtle Creek||Odawa Casinos||Northern Waters||Gun Lake||Greektown|
|Saganing Eagles Landing||Ojibwa Casinos||Little River||Kewadin Casinos||Island Resort|