Saganing Eagles Landing Casino & Hotel Review
The Saganing Eagles Landing Casino and Hotel first opened its doors in 2007. The focus at this casino is on slots, with expansions seeing more slots than ever before being introduced. The only table game options are electronic. The recent additions of a hotel and a full-service restaurant have seen the casino expand into a resort in recent years. The casino is owned and operated by the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe of Michigan.
There are 1,100 slots to choose from. The introduction of 20 betting kiosks points to a thriving sports betting operation, which is expected to launch soon. This venue has yet to announce a partnership with any provider of online gambling software.
This page has all the key information you need ahead of a trip to the Saganing Eagles Landing Casino and Hotel. You will find full details of the casino gambling and sports betting options, as well as all of the promotions offered by the casino. Entertainment offerings, hotel facilities and dining options are also covered below.
History of Saganing Eagles Landing Casino
The casino is located just outside the city of Standish, Michigan. The casino is owned by the Saginaw Chippewa Tribal Council, who also own and operate the Soaring Eagle Casino in Mount Pleasant. The site opened on New Year’s Eve, 2007, with more than 800 slots on the casino floor.
A huge expansion to the site in 2019 saw the addition of more gaming space, to push the number of slots over a thousand. A hotel was added to make the casino into a true resort complex, while further dining options were also added.
Slots at the Saganing Eagles Landing Casino
The casino has a gaming floor of 32,000 square feet and features in excess of 1,100 slots. The casino features a mix of different slots. They include some of the newest and liveliest games from the main slot studios.
Examples of popular games which are highlighted on the Saganing Eagles website include:
- Hearts and Horns — This slot is based around Cupid with five levels of progressive jackpots. The Grand prize is the largest of all, offering payouts in the thousands of dollars. The bonus game is an entertaining feature where you aim to fill reels with hearts to win one of those progressive jackpots, with bonus cash to be won along the way.
- Yardbirds 3: Return of the Chicken — This is another slot featuring a progressive jackpot. Those of you who are familiar with the Angry Birds app will see that the game’s imagery is loosely based on that. Look out for the series of fun egg-based bonus features in play.
- Lucky Buddha — Another progressive jackpot slot — this time with major, minor, and mini payouts. The highlight of the game is the Wheel of Fortune-style bonus game where you can win either cash prizes or one of those jackpots. Lucky Buddha features Asian imagery and a traditional soundtrack.
Other highlighted slots at the casino include:
- Ultimate Fire Link
- Da Li Golden Wins
- Treasure Ball
- Wonder 4
- Dragon Link
If you are lucky enough to have a big win at the casino you can enjoy having your picture displayed next to the winning machine and your prize amount displayed on their website. The slot selection includes all types of games. There are games with mechanical reels, right through to the latest branded multimedia video slots.
Table games at Saganing Eagles Landing Casino
The focus is most definitely on slots at this casino, with no table games available. However, if you are at the casino and want to enjoy some of your favorite games such as blackjack, roulette and more, you can enjoy these at one of the four virtual terminals. These give you a variety of games to choose from, with a range of stakes.
There is no opportunity to play poker currently at the Saganing Eagles Landing Casino in Standish, MI.
Sports betting at Saganing Eagles in Michigan
The sports betting laws in Michigan have changed in recent years. Previously there was no opportunity to enjoy sports betting in the state, but the new laws allow casinos to offer the activity.
Casinos can now link up with online gambling companies to offer retail sports betting. The Saganing Eagles Landing Casino and Hotel has installed 20 sports betting kiosks ready for the launch of their sports betting operation. They have yet to announce a timetable for opening their sportsbook.
Online gambling options
All live casinos in Michigan can apply for licenses for online gambling apps. Most venues have done this in partnership with established online gambling brands. There has been no announcement on plans for gambling apps or potential partnership(s).
Saganing Eagles Landing Casino promotions and rewards
All players at this casino can sign up to the Access Rewards program. This is a joint program across all three Soaring Eagle Properties:
- Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort
- Saganing Eagles Landing Casino
- Soaring Eagle Waterpark & Hotel (including Waabooz Run Golf Course & Hideaway RV Park)
Every time you play at the casino, you will earn points. For example, for every $1 you spend playing slots, you earn 2 loyalty points. For every $1 you spend on a hotel room, you earn 10 loyalty points. Collect 500 points and you can redeem 1 Rewards Dollar which can be used for spa services, dining outlets, hotel, concert tickets and more. You can also redeem 1,000 points for $1 worth of slots play (or table games or bingo across the linked sites).
This player’s club features four levels — Diamond, Platinum, Gold, and Classic. You move through the levels the more points you earn, unlocking more rewards as you go. Rewards include personalized direct mail offers, premium play for slots, dining dollars, complimentary overnight stays at the new hotel, and exclusive invitations to tournaments and VIP Saganing Eagles Landing Casino events.
Simply signing up to the Access Club can see you win up to $250 in premium play with 200 points free play.
In addition, there is a ‘Hero Card’ which is available for all active duty and veteran members of the US military that offers several additional benefits.
Other regular promotions at the casino include:
- Hump Day — Play on a Wednesday at the casino and take part in the hourly draw that awards up to $100 in premium play. The promotion runs between 9am and 9pm.
- $60k Tuesday — Once a month you can enjoy much bigger prizes, with $2,000 in cash being awarded to one lucky player every half hour between 8.30am and 11pm.
- This or That — This regular promotion sees players awarded the choice of $100 in premium play or $50 in cash. Draws take place every half an hour.
- Happy Birthday Premium Play — Come in on any day during your birthday month and you can enjoy free premium play. Win between $10 and $50 based on which level of the Access Club you are at. A similar offer applies if you head to the casino with your spouse during the month of your wedding anniversary.
Saganing Eagles Landing Casino Hotel
The casino now features a 148 room, 5 story hotel. Amenities include coffee makers, 55 inch flat screen TVs, and a drawer safe, while mini fridges and microwaves are included in the premium rooms. Book a Stay and Play getaway and you can enjoy $25 in premium play and dining credit.
Book a standard room, or head into either a King Suite or a Bay View room.
The Landing is a new restaurant where you can enjoy a diverse range of breakfast, lunch, and dinner options. Enjoy steak and eggs for breakfast, a chicken marsala for lunch, or a New York Strip for dinner. A children’s menu is also available.
Head to the Aerie Café, which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Enjoy a selection of breakfasts, soups and sandwiches, burgers and more. There is also a full dessert menu at the café.
The Creekside Lounge is open from 11am to 10pm. Grab a table and enjoy snacks such as spicy chicken wings and enjoy some of the bar top slots. Catch the action on the big screens situated all around the lounge.
How does the Saganing Eagles Landing Casino and Hotel compare?
Saganing Eagles Landing Casino and Hotel is one of the smaller casinos in Michigan that focuses mainly on slots. With more than a thousand games to choose from, including many progressive jackpot opportunities, there is something for everyone at the casino. Linked to the larger Soaring Eagle Casino (they are both owned by the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe of Michigan), this casino almost acts as the smaller sister to that larger site.
With the recent renovations, including more floor room, the addition of the hotel and The Landing restaurant, as well as sports betting arriving, this casino is ready to take the next step.
More Michigan Casinos
|Bay Mills||Motor City||Leelanau Sands||Firekeepers||Soaring Eagle|
|Turtle Creek||Odawa Casinos||Northern Waters||Gun Lake||Greektown|
|Saganing Eagles Landing||Ojibwa Casinos||Little River||Kewadin Casinos||Island Resort|