Party Poker is one of the original online poker brands. They have partnered with Detroit’s MGM Grand casino to bring online poker games to Michigan. The software and game selection have been significantly updated since the original site left the US in 2006. What has remained is a focus on providing easy poker games and tournaments for recreational players.
You will get a bonus without depositing at Party Poker. This will let you check out the games without risking your bankroll. If you like what you find, then there’s a big welcome bonus with your first deposit.
This page covers Party Poker Michigan in depth. You will find everything you need to get the best from this site, including details of bonus deals, games, and payment options.
Party Poker welcome bonuses in Michigan
There are two different bonuses to enjoy when you join Party Poker.
The first of these is a no deposit casino bonus. You will receive $25 in bonus funds just for signing up. This bonus is split between the poker room and casino games, and comes in three parts:
- First, you will have $10 to use at the poker cash tables and the Fast Forward games.
- Next, you can enjoy $10 at the Party Poker casino where you can play any of the casino games or slots.
- The final part of the offer is $5 free to enter one of the many poker tournaments available.
The second part of the welcome bonus is a 100% match to your first deposit, up to $1,000.
To qualify for this bonus, you will need to deposit at least $10 and Party Poker will match the amount. To clear the bonus, you need to play in real money cash games or tournaments. For every four points you earn by playing, $1 of the bonus funds will be released to you. You can also release the funds with play at the casino (eight points at the casino will release $1). You have 60 days from your initial deposit to release the bonus funds.
Party Poker bonus code
|Online Poker Room||Party Poker Online Poker|
|Welcome Bonus||$25 Free + Deposit Match up to $1,000|
|Last Updated||July 2021|
Party Poker download for desktop
Party Poker is a little different from other online gaming entities because you need to download the platform onto your desktop to play it (instead of playing directly from the website).
Fortunately, this is simple. Visit the PartyPoker website and find the “Download” tab on the Poker tab. Once prompted, this button will take you to another page where you will see the button that will start your download.
To download the platform onto your computer, make sure that your computer has these features:
- Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
- Minimum 512 MB RAM
- Screen resolution of at least 800 x 600 pixels with a minimum of 256 colors
Once you select the “Download Now” button, you will see a window come up asking you for:
- Your preferred language.
- The folder where you would like to save the file.
After that, the download process will begin. The process is relatively quick, and the program will open immediately after being successfully installed. You can either sign up or log in (if you have an existing account).
Pro Tip: You need at least 3MB of space on your computer to download this application. If you don’t have (or don’t want) to put that on your computer, you can save it to an external hard drive, and it will work fine.
How to download the Party Poker app
Players in Michigan can enjoy all the action at the tables on a mobile poker app. Download the PartyPoker app for iOS and Android devices to enjoy the full range of poker games.
Here are the best ways to download the app on both an iOS and Android mobile device:
iOS: Apple (iOS) users have it the easiest when they go to download the Party Poker app. All you need to do is follow the link on their mobile device to the Apple App Store. You can find the Party Poker application that can be downloaded directly to your mobile device. Essentially, it is the same as if you were downloading any other app.
Android: While downloading the Android app isn’t difficult, it isn’t quite as simple. Since the Google Play Store doesn’t allow real money gaming apps to be downloaded directly from their platform, you need to download the PartyPoker app onto your Android device via the Party Poker website.
To do this, you need to go to the Party Poker website on your Android device, find the option to download under the Poker tab, and start the installation process. The application will walk you through the download by asking relevant questions to assist you through the process. Fortunately, after downloading the app, it can be accessed like any other application on your device.
Regardless of whether you download the iOS or the Android version, you will enjoy app features, such as easy table filtering and quick-play options. You can also deposit and withdraw on your mobile device.
First-time players can even sign up using the app, which is usable on any wi-fi, 3G, or 4G network.
PartyPoker.com website review
Within the Party Poker client, it is easy to set up ‘My Favorites’ to ensure you can go to the exact tables you want to at a single click. ‘My Tourneys’ does the same thing for regular tournament players.
The recreational side of PartyPoker shows in the lobby, with direct links to casino games, if you want to mix up the action. Roulette and blackjack fans are just one click away from enjoying casino gaming, while a selected slot also features in the lobby.
Other bonuses and promotions at Party Poker
Many of the promotions at Party Poker are unique. These can be tied to specific games, holidays or feature crossover promotions with the other types of gambling. There are several regular promotions that can help keep your bankroll topped up.
- Weekly Reload Bonus: While many other poker sites focus deposit bonuses on new players only, at PartyPoker you can enjoy a bonus every time you deposit. Any time between Monday morning and Friday night, there will be a personalized bonus code waiting in your inbox. These offers work in a similar way to the new player deposit bonus.
- Saturday Saver: Any time you play on a Saturday and it does not go well, there is a silver lining in place due to the Saturday Saver bonus. Come the end of the day and you made a loss; Party Poker will refund 10% of those losses back to your account. You can earn up to $100 of your losses back (the maximum amount you reclaim is based on your loyalty club level).
- Click and Win: So far, the only day not mentioned when it comes to bonuses is Sunday. This is where Click and Win comes in. Every Sunday when you log in, you can claim a ‘clickcard’ which will reveal an instant prize. Claim a bonus on selected slots at Party Poker and big casino reloads to use on any of their games.
- Sit and Go Leaderboards: Regular Sit and Go players at Party Poker can enjoy a weekly cash boost via their leaderboards promotion. Every time you win money at a Sit and Go table, that cash will give you points on the leaderboard. This is split between higher and lower buy-in games.
Party Poker loyalty program
Every time you play poker, you earn loyalty points. For every $1 you pay in rake or tournament fees, you earn two points to go towards the scheme.
The entry level of the scheme is bronze. Players are automatically entered at this level. If you earn 50 points in a single month to get to the silver level, while 750 points enables you to make gold. The final level in the loyalty program is palladium, and 2,000 points per month are needed for this.
Each level offers a different set of rewards. For example, at the bronze level, you can win $5 tournament tickets, while at the palladium level a series of deposit bonuses open up to you, as well as tournament tickets valued up to $215.
Poker variations at Party Poker
When you enter the lobby at Party Poker Michigan, you will see the familiar orange-and-white logo in the top left-hand corner, with the screen divided into a filter section at the top and game selection at the bottom.
With the main poker tab selected (other selections are casino, promotions, and support), you will find immediate links to the different games available.
Real money cash games
Within this section you can play Fixed Limit Hold’em, Pot Limit Omaha and Fixed Limit Seven-Card Stud, but there is little doubt that No-Limit Hold’em is the most popular format. Tables are available with blinds of just 1 cent and 2 cents through $25 and $50. This ensures the site caters to all levels of players, although Party Poker is geared to the more recreational players. Party Poker has banned HUDs which were a tool for serious grinders to keep statistics across many tables, ensuring a level playing field for those recreational players.
Fast Forward poker
Fast Forward is Party Poker Michigan’s high-speed cash game. The moment you fold a hand you will be playing a new hand at a new table with a new set of opponents. This enables players to enjoy more hands per hour than at standard cash tables, and you quickly get to skip all of those bad hands.
Sit N Go tournaments (SNGs)
Moving on to the Sit and Go section, players can enjoy Hold’em, Omaha and Seven-Card Stud, with buy-ins starting at just $1. Heads-up tables and six-seaters are the most populous games. High stakes games with $200 buy-ins are available for the serious six-seater players, while heads-up specialists can play for $500 a game. Those Sit and Go regulars also have the boost of the leaderboards, as detailed above. Some Sit and Go offer low-cost routes into the bigger tournaments being played at Party Poker in Michigan.
Multi table tournaments (MTTs)
Head into the tournament section of Party Poker and you will find a range of different formats including standard speeds and turbo events, bounty events, shootouts, heads-up tournaments and more. Sunday sees the busiest tournament schedule. This includes the $40K guaranteed ‘major’ and the $5K bounty event. A new Mega Tuesday event offers a $15K guaranteed prize pool.
There are more than 100 tournaments at any one time in the lobby, with lots of qualifiers to the biggest events. These satellites are a great way for players of all levels to experience big money tournaments without laying out big money.
Occasionally Party Poker will put on festivals of poker, a series of tournaments over a week or 10 days. These offer an opportunity for you to make your mark as a player. Party Poker does a good job of ensuring these festivals cater to players of all bankroll levels and not just the high rollers.
Party Poker events use the PowerFest brand, putting different buy-in levels into categories loosely based on boxing weight divisions.
Deposit and withdrawal options at Party Poker
Since Party Poker is a fully legal and regulated online poker room in the state, there are several deposit options available. Here is a look at each:
- Visa/MasterCard/Amex Debit and Credit Cards – Use your Visa, MasterCard and Amex debit or credit cards to make deposits to your Party Poker account. Simply supply the card details and the funds will hit your account immediately.
- Party Poker Discover – Head to the cashier to sign up to receive the Party Poker Play+ Discover card, which can be funded using credit and debit cards, ACH transfers and more.
- PayPal – PayPal is a popular online payment method, where you can fund your account without the need to supply an online site your banking details.
- Skrill – Similar to PayPal, you need to fund your virtual account first. You can then make a deposit directly to your Party Poker account.
- PayNearMe – This is the ideal option for those who want to deposit with cash. Ask for a deposit slip from Party Poker and head to your nearest 7 Eleven to make that cash deposit.
- Online Bank Transfer – You can make an immediate online bank transfer from many of the largest banks in Michigan. You will need to ensure your banking address is the same as your registered Party Poker address.
- Instant eChecks – Use a VIP Preferred program to deposit instantly from your bank. Just as it sounds, eChecks are the electronic equivalent of paper checks.
- Cash at Cage – Taking cash to the cage of the MGM Grand in Detroit, along with your account details and identification, can also be used for deposits.
To make a withdrawal, head to the cashier where you will find a list of withdrawal options. In most cases, the available options will be those you deposited with in the first place, although some of the deposit options listed above are not available for withdrawals. In those cases, alternatives will be offered. Traditional checks are also available for withdrawals.
Is online poker legal in Michigan?
Yes, the Lawful Internet Gaming Act (HB4311) was passed on Dec. 20, 2019. Signed by Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, the act ensured poker and casino gaming are legal and regulated. Each poker site needs a license from a brick-and-mortar casino. In other states, GVC (the company that owns the Party Poker brand) has worked with MGM.
You need to be 21 years old or above and physically located within Michigan to play real money poker. There is no requirement to be a permanent resident.
Party Poker support
To contact the customer service team, you can hit the ‘support’ button on the downloaded Party Poker software. At the top of the support tab are links to frequently asked questions regarding geo-location (how the software ensures you are playing from within Michigan), Verification, Cashier, and the FAQs. Below these are the following four ways to contact the team direct:
- Party Poker Live Chat – Click the ‘Launch Live Chat’ button to be joined immediately by a member of the customer services team at Party Poker. This offers the quickest and most direct method.
- Phone – A nationwide toll-free number is listed on the site to give them a call.
- E-mail – Send the team an email, ensuring to supply your Party Poker username in the e-mail, to ensure they can pinpoint your problem quickly and easily.
- Standard Mail – If you prefer to send the customer services team a letter, there is also a postal address listed.
There is a whole section of the Party Poker site dedicated to responsible gaming, allied to the following statement:
‘Party Poker aims to provide the world’s safest and most innovative gaming platform. With our fair and responsible product line-up, every user can play within their financial means and receive the best service possible. Party Poker commits itself to integrity, fairness and reliability and we always do our best to prevent gaming-related problems.’
In this section, they offer advice, links to responsible gambling institutions and some practical measures to aid in responsible gaming. These include setting limits on your spending, deposits and time spent at the site, as well as the opportunity to self-exclude.
Party Poker history
Party Poker started in 2001 under parent company Partygaming PLC, which made its debut in 1997. Ruth Parasol, the founder of Partygaming PLC, started the company as an online casino company. However, in 2000, the company capitalized on the opportunity to expand.
The result was Party Poker. For the next five years, Ms. Parasol and investors built the platform into a formidable contender in the high-stakes world of online gaming. Then, in 2006, the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA) was put into practice, making online betting illegal in the United States. This legislation dealt a significant blow to Party Poker, as it lost around half of their players.
However, instead of giving up or selling out, Partygaming PLC worked diligently to get the law amended. By 2009, they were back in business with the American market.
From there, legality in American online gaming started to take the prolific turn that has led us to where we are today, with Party Poker riding out the ups and downs with finesse.
In 2011, Party Poker earned respect and partnership with Bwin, making it the world’s largest publicly traded gaming company when it entered the London Stock Exchange. The gaming entity continues to succeed and trades under the name of BPTY.L.
Party Poker continued to grow from there, which eventually garnered the investing interest of GVC Holdings PLC, a dominant, multinational online gaming contender. In 2016, Partygaming PLC agreed to a deal where GVC Holdings PLC took over Party Poker. Since then, the new parent company, fourth-biggest poker site worldwide, with an average of 20,000 players online daily during the platform’s busiest hours.
Summing up Party Poker
If you are a player coming back to online poker in Michigan, Party Poker is certainly a site to be considered. The site is ideal for recreational and amateur players. The mix of easy games, tournaments and new formats will keep you entertained whatever your skill level. Add to this the excellent bonus deals, including $25 in free-play simply for signing up, and you will quickly see why so many players in the regulated states enjoy playing at Party Poker.