Controversial media company Barstool recently partnered up with Penn National Gaming to launch its own sportsbook. Penn National acquired a huge 36% of the company in early 2020 and has since decided to make its first stop in the state of Michigan. The sportsbook is then expected to expand across the US.
Though the sportsbook hasn’t yet reached online shelves, we’ll be taking a look into everything you can expect from it in this review. The launch is expected in late 2020 when we’ll see a Barstool-themed desktop site with a matching mobile app to work alongside. Keep reading to find more information on this new online sportsbook to hit Michigan.
Barstool sportsbook bonus offer in Michigan
Barstool Sports is yet to go live, so we can only speculate on what’s to come. Judging by similar sportsbooks from Penn National, it’s likely Barstool will launch with a multiple-part welcome offer. Similar sportsbooks use combinations of bonus cash, bonus bets, and match deposits.
Draftkings Sportsbook, one of the biggest products from Penn National, offers all new customers a $500 bonus bet and a 20% match on their first deposit up to $500. Barstool Sportsbook will likely offer something similar to its customers, though we’ll know more when the product goes live. Keep checking back here for all the latest Barstool offers.
Barstool sportsbook bonus code 2023
|Online Sportsbook||Barstool Sportsbook|
|Barstool Bonus Code||TBD|
|Last Updated||June 2023|
Ongoing promotions at Barstool online sportsbook
Thanks to its partnership with Penn National Gaming, Barstool Sports has been able to create a pretty good list of promotions for users to take advantage of. The offers tend to rotate on a regular basis, meaning there’s always something different for players both new and old. Click on the ‘Promotions’ page to find the full list. For now, here’s a taster:
- Rotating deposit bonuses: Penn National is pretty good at offering new deposit bonuses to players on a regular basis. You’re most likely to receive between 10 and 20% of your bonus back as deposit cash when using a bonus code.
- Boosted odds: No good sportsbook would be complete without offering boosted odds every now and again. Choose these offers for the chance to win big.
- Money back on soccer bets: Place parlay bets on any soccer game and win up to ten times your stake if it works out in your favor.
How to create an account at Barstool sportsbook
Signing up for Barstool Michigan should only take a few minutes. Follow our simple steps below and have your ID by your side ready to verify your account upon sign up. Click through to the site using our exclusive link to ensure you can claim the sportsbook’s welcome offer.
- Click through to Barstool Sportsbook using our exclusive link. This will confirm your eligibility for Barstool’s welcome offer and any other available promotions.
- Click the green ‘Create Account’ button at the top, right-hand side of the page to get started.
- Fill in your details as prompted. This will include your name, date of birth, address, and phone number.
- Add the end digits of your Social Security Number so the operator can verify your account. You won’t be able to make a deposit if your account hasn’t been verified.
- Choose your marketing preferences and read the terms and conditions of the site. Confirm you will only bet when in the state of Michigan, and that you are over the age of 21.
- Enter a Barstool welcome bonus code if one is available.
- Sign in to your account. Once you have been verified, you’ll be able to place a deposit and claim the site’s welcome offer.
Barstool sportsbook app
Barstool is ready to introduce its mobile app in MI alongside the desktop sportsbook site. Providing you’re signed up to Barstool and are betting within state lines, you’ll be able to use the app free of charge.
The mobile app can be downloaded by both Android and iOS users, and you can take advantage of the site’s welcome offer by using our link. Here’s how to get the Barstool Sportsbook app.
Download the Barstool Sportsbook Android App
Here’s how to get the Barstool Sportsbook app on your Android device. You’ll need to download it directly from the site, as the Google Play Store doesn’t list gambling apps. Here’s how to do it to make sure you qualify for the welcome offer:
- Use our exclusive link to be taken straight to the Barstool site on your device.
- Select ‘Create Account’ and sign up, or log in if you already have an account.
- Scroll down the mobile site until you come across the Android download Click on the icon to start the app download.
- Once the download is complete, click on the .apk file in your notifications. This will trigger the app to install onto your device.
- Close any security warnings that appear. These happen as default for apps that are not from the Google Play Store — the product itself is completely secure.
- Launch the app and sign in to start placing bets.
Download the Barstool Sportsbook iOS App
It’s a little easier for Apple device users to get the Barstool app. Make sure to follow our instructions to qualify for the sportsbook’s welcome offer. For the best experience, make sure your iPhone or iPad is up to date with the latest iOS software.
- Click on our exclusive sportsbook link to be taken to the Barstool mobile site.
- Click the ‘Create Account’ button or sign in if you have an account already.
- Scroll down the website to find the iOS download button. This will redirect you to the app store.
- Download and install the app.
- Open Barstool Sportsbook on your phone and log in to start placing bets. Make sure you’re within state lines when doing so.
On some devices, the Android or iOS button may not automatically appear when scrolling. In this case, you’ll usually find ‘Download the Mobile App’ signage at the very top of the mobile site.
Using the Barstool sports betting app
Sportsbook mobile apps can never be a bad addition — they give users the opportunity to place bets from anywhere within state lines, and usually for free. If you’re someone who tends to forget to place bets until the very last minute, then you’ll likely benefit from a sportsbook app.
The Barstool Sportsbook mobile app pretty much replicates the desktop version. Users will be able to place bets, track ongoing bets, and view their profile settings.
The app also covers most of the sports and betting options you’ll find on the main site. Users can deposit or withdraw cash using the mobile cashier, too. The app is easy to get around and you should be able to find and place bets within minutes.
As long as your device is updated with the latest software and you’re connected to the internet, you should be able to use the Barstool app with no problems.
Barstool online sportsbook features
Any sportsbook created in partnership with Penn is bound to be impressive due to the big name behind it. Barstool has a classic feel, though that might be because it’s also pretty much a replica of other sportsbooks out there. If you’re new to sportsbooks then this site might be great for you, but sports bettings pros might prefer to look for something a little more advanced.
Barstool Sportsbook is split into panels to make navigating the site easy. A navigation bar running along the top of the screen allows you to toggle between live betting, ongoing bets, the help page, your account settings, and more.
The main section of the homepage displays all the live games currently available to play, as well as a statistics panel to help you place the best bets. The screen can appear way too busy as there are very few ways to filter your options down, so take a few more minutes to ensure you’re placing the right bets.
Your bet slip is constantly open on the right of the screen, and you’ll be able to toggle between your pending and ongoing bets. This feature would be better if it could be minimized, allowing for more room to breathe around the site itself.
Finally, a lot of Barstool’s promotions are heavily pushed using banners on the homepage. While it’s great that you’ll never miss out on a good offer, this has the potential to feel a little over the top.
Sports available at Barstool Sportsbook online
As the site is near enough a copy of other Penn National sites, it’s no surprise that this sportsbook also covers a similar list of sports. These do change from time to time depending on the time of year, though there’s a good set you can expect to find year-round.
While Barstool’s sporting options are nothing unusual, they still have a pretty good list. Here’s what you can expect to find when browsing. An A-Z list can be accessed using the sportsbook’s top navigation bar.
Barstool sports betting options
Once again, this sportsbook tends to offer similar betting options as the likes of Draftkings and other Penn sportsbooks. We haven’t found any special betting features on this site just yet, though this may be something to look out for in the future.
Here are the main betting choices currently available to players, that cover pre-game, in-game, and futures betting. You’ll probably get the most enjoyment out of the operator’s live betting options, that include a cash-out feature.
Live betting markets are featured on the homepage of the Barstool site, making it easy to get started.
- Point spreads
Banking options at Barstool.com
Barstool Michigan offers a decent selection of banking options to keep all customers happy. Whether you want to add or take from your account using online banking, e-wallets, or card, all the biggest choices are available.
Most choices at Barstool are free. Deposits process almost instantly, while withdrawals do admittedly take much longer. If you’d like to add money to your account using your credit or debit card, make sure to check with your bank first. Some block transactions to and from gambling sites.
Here are the banking options available at Barstool:
- Credit/Debit Card
- Online Banking
- Prepaid Card
How to make a deposit
It’s no surprise that Barstool has made it super easy for users to deposit money into their accounts. All depositing transactions are pretty much instant, though some banking options may come with fees.
Before visiting the cashier, make sure your account has been verified by the operator using your location and Social Security Number. This should have happened when you first signed up, but if you can’t make a deposit, this could be the reason why. You won’t be able to add money to your account until you have been verified. Here’s how to deposit cash at this Michigan sportsbook:
- Click through to the cashier using the top navigation bar, and choose the deposit tab.
- Browse and select your preferred deposit method, and check for any potential fees.
- Enter your banking details as required.
- Type into the box the total sum of money you would like to add to your Barstool account. This must be at least $10 for the transaction to process.
- Click to confirm your deposit, and wait for the funds to reach your sportsbook balance.
How to make a withdrawal
Barstool is a little slower at letting go of your cash than it is at receiving it. Depending on your chosen withdrawal method, it could take as long as 10 days for any potential winnings to be back in your bank.
If you’re looking for a fast option, PayPal or Skrill are best. Here’s how to withdraw money from your Barstool Sportsbook account:
- Open the cashier in the top navigation bar of the homepage, and select withdrawals.
- Select a banking method — you’ll likely need to choose one you’ve already made a deposit with in the last 6 months.
- Fill in the amount you would like to take out of your account.
- Check your banking details, or add new details if necessary.
- Confirm the transaction to start the withdrawal process.
Contact Barstool Sportsbook
The customer service team at Barstool sports betting pretty much does everything you’d expect from an online sportsbook. You can contact them via phone, live chat, and email, but it’s always a good idea to check the operator’s FAQ page first.
To access the FAQ, click the ‘Help’ button in the top navigation bar. This will open a new window, with a fair number of commonly asked questions and answers. There are plenty of categories to choose from, but the page doesn’t come with a search bar — this can make searching for your query harder than you’d expect.
If you’ve exhausted the FAQ and still don’t have an answer, you can get in touch with Barstool’s customer support team via phone, live chat, or email. Click the ‘Contact Us’ icon found at the bottom of the page to start a contact request.
You might need to fill in an e-form with further details about your query, which can be irritating if you need an answer fast. To avoid this, choose the chat button located at the bottom of the contact page.
You’ll also be able to find an email address, phone number, and postal address for the operator on this page.
About Barstool Sportsbook
Barstool Sportsbook came as a bit of a surprise to the industry. The media group has a very controversial reputation that tends to make the news for all the wrong reasons, so its partnership with Penn National seemed a little out of the ordinary.
Barstool was founded by Dave Portnoy in 2003, covering pop culture, sports, and women. It went fully digital in 2007 and expanded its outreach. The brand is now particularly popular with young men.
Renowned gaming brand Penn National Gaming acquired 36% of the media company at the start of 2020 for a huge $163 million. This agreement can now stay in place for up to 40 years, and Penn could increase its overall investment to 50% in the next three years.
Barstool Sportsbook is expected to expand across the US after its launch in Michigan. As gambling laws relax, the sportsbook will likely apply to open in Colorado, Indiana, and Pennsylvania. It is thought that Penn National will do most of the heavy lifting while taking advantage of the Barstool branding.ool